We went camping with some friends out to the Hill Country last weekend. We lucked into amazingly beautiful weather, a great campsite and wonderful friends to share the time with. It was a place called Jellystone Park, Canyon Lake and it was so much fun.
Here is the website if you want to check it out. They have campgrounds like this all over the country and they are truly family friendly.
http://www.jellystonehillcountry.com/

http://www.jellystonehillcountry.com/
It got cold at night and in the early morning. As you can see Janna & Courtney pilled on daddy to get warm. And yes, David is wearing Janna's Dora hat to be silly!!
All our girls loved being outside, enjoying the sunshine. There was a playground on site which all the children enjoyed, although Courtney and Kennedy watched from the sidelines. I did take them both on the swing with me.
Running out of paper didn't deter our girls. They put their artistic talents to good use painting all the rocks on the camp site. As they got bored they began to paint themselves!!
All in all we had a good time painting, doing crafts, making S'mores, drinking hot chocolate, hay rides, playing in tents, eating, campfires, swimming (let's here it for indoor pools) and being with friends.
So what was my favorite part? A group of astronomers came the last night and shared their telescopes with us. We got to see Jupiter & her four moons, the Andromeda Galaxy and the M 16 constellation!!! It was incredible to behold. It touched me more than I expected. It was amazing to look into this tiny lens and view something so magnificent. It reminded me again how great God is, how vast our universe is and beautiful life can be. It was humbling and I feel like mere words can’t describe the experience. I’ll tell you what – if you ever get a chance to peer through a telescope at the amazing worlds beyond us, DO IT!!!!
So what was my favorite part? A group of astronomers came the last night and shared their telescopes with us. We got to see Jupiter & her four moons, the Andromeda Galaxy and the M 16 constellation!!! It was incredible to behold. It touched me more than I expected. It was amazing to look into this tiny lens and view something so magnificent. It reminded me again how great God is, how vast our universe is and beautiful life can be. It was humbling and I feel like mere words can’t describe the experience. I’ll tell you what – if you ever get a chance to peer through a telescope at the amazing worlds beyond us, DO IT!!!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment