CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My "clean" floors

My friend recently bought a new carpet cleaner. It has wash and rinse capabilities, two water containers so you aren't cleaning the floor with dirty water, detachable parts to get down and scrub those hard to reach areas, and even an option to clean tile floors. Does it sound like I have envy? Not at all! Why? She let me borrow it!!!!

So after putting the babies to bed I banned David & Janna from the front rooms and went to work. I cleaned my floors for hours, the carpet looked almost new and my tile shinned! Did my family notice? Well............

David merely grunted when he had to walk around furniture I had moved, and didn't say a thing about how it all looked when done. Janna complained about being banned from the kitchen when she wanted milk but otherwise was clueless. Then we have the twins.

They woke up the next morning to a sparkly clean kitchen and their eyes gleamed. Kennedy decided that I had so much fun getting it to this state that she would help me have a repeat experience. She dumped her milk all over the kitchen table & floors. No problem, I sighed, I still have the cleaner. I re-did the kitchen, finished the other rooms in the house and prepared to take the cleaner back.

Courtney saw Kennedy's efforts to help and decided she wasn't to be left out. At dinner she poured her apple juice everywhere. Once again I whisked out the cleaner - although this time adding a few menacing threats about my floors. I took the carpet cleaner back to my friend and thanked her.

However, the girls seemed to think I was still in possession of this awesome cleaner. This morning they sat under the table smearing yogurt on the floors, then chased each other through the living room while throwing apple juice at one another. I'm sure you are thinking, "how long was she in the bathroom?"

Since I had no cleaner I scrubbed my kitchen floors by hand, got out my old steam cleaner and went to work on my carpets once again. I've decided to give up. No one besides me notices in a good way. The babies only see it as opportunities to make me work harder. Perhaps I'll just get new carpets when they are older. At the very least I'm keeping record of this for later years. When they have toddlers I'm giving them vast quantities of Play-Do!!

Signed,
One tired, under appreciated mom

0 comments: