CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 12, 2014

Mothers Day poem - by Janna

In school the students read "I love you purple" and were then asked to write their own version for mothers day.  This is what Janna wrote to me.  It is the most beautiful thing I've ever read.  It makes me cry but in the very best way.

Funny thing, she signed it "your oldest" and it made me laugh.  She said she did it because she knew it would make me laugh.  She's right.  What she didn't know, I used to sign my letters to my mom, "Christina, your youngest" and I did it for the same reason.  I knew it would make her laugh.


Mom,
I love you the REDEST
I love you the color of an autumn tree
the sound of the ocean beating against rocks
the feeling of sunshine against my face
I love you like I always have
the warmth of a fire on a chilly day
the way you smile at me
I love you the REDEST

love
Janna Sorensen
your oldest

0 comments: