To Janna's future teacher,
What an awesome responsibility you have as a kindergarten teacher. To our child you represent the entirety of the educational system. You are her first experience with “school” and are her foundation for her future education. As you stand in your classroom preparing for these children I hope you do so with a prayer in your heart. A prayer that you will see these children not as just as who they are, but who they can become. I hope you seek to help them reach those goals.
You don’t know Janna yet but you will. She loves the idea of you, Teacher, but will come to love you for yourself if you give her that chance. She is funny – she loves to laugh and to see joy on others faces. She will find what you think is funny and do her best to make you smile every day. She is charitable. She loves to share and help others. Give her a job to do and she’ll follow you anywhere. She is so eager to please. She’s shy in crowds – she needs a little time to get used to things. She is stubborn as she has learned this well from both her parents. She’s a leader and a follower. She likes to dictate but if her interest is peaked she will follow. She gets excited over the simplest of things. She’s optimistic and believes that life is good. Understand that she has been the center of my world for the last five years and some times it will be hard to be in this new environment. She’s adaptable and it will go easier if she feels she is included.
So please be kind, be patient, be fair, be gentle yet firm. Be tolerant and understanding. Be exciting so that learning will come alive for her.
This is the hardest thing I’ve had to do with my sweet child. I’ve been with her from infancy watching her, teaching and trying to help her become the best person she can. My heart is conflicted as I watch her leave my home for your classroom. I long to hear her voice playing, singing and laughing throughout the day. Yet I am excited to be there at the end of her day with you to hear all she has learned and experienced.
So I’ll share the reigns of her education with you. I will do all in my power to continue to teach my daughter and to enforce those things that are right and wrong. You have my support in your position and my respect for your choice of profession. Have no doubt that teaching is a great calling. Best of luck to you as you begin this new school year.
Monday, August 25, 2008
Dear Teacher
Posted by Christina at 10:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Beautiful. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. I'm sure she'll have a great time. Kindergarten is such an adventure!
Post a Comment