CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Our house

I think it's funny how sometimes my house can feel so SMALL and other times HUGE.

Both babies are now on the move. When they are confined to the front rooms - my house feels tiny. There's baby toys & books everywhere. Wherever I am is where they want to be. They like to come up behind me, grab a hold of my legs and pull themselves up. This is okay when my hands aren't full but it never fails to happen in my kitchen while I'm either cooking or doing dishes. Once Janna is home they are her puppies, following her, babbling at her and trying desperately to get into her room. When she heads out to play on the trampoline they sit at the back door watching her.

When the doors to the back rooms are open, my house feels larger. Mainly it's because that's more rooms for the twins to disappear into. Courtney & Kennedy like to be together so where one goes the other typically follows. They are also really quick. One minute they are playing in their room and the next I'm searching for them. My heart beats faster as I race to find what they have gotten into.

Sometimes I find them in our bathroom. One will be standing at the tub while the other is putting whatever was left on the floor in her mouth. They pull themselves up and try to open cabinet doors. However, this results in lots of smashed fingers. They hide in our closet, pulling clothes down on themselves or out of my laundry basket. They head to the laundry room to pound on the washer & dryer. They sit underneath the kitchen table searching for scraps that may have been missed during my hundredth sweep of the day. They look for boxes that are partially opened so they can empty the contents to play. There have been times when I can see them just sitting on the floor smiling as they watch or hear me look for them. It's almost become a game for them. Give them a little time and I have a feeling hide from mommy will be a household favorite.

I would have to say that overall its a perfect home for us - just the right size for our family.

0 comments: