We've been practicing drinking out of cups without lids. Most days the girls do great at this, they always enjoy anything that makes them like their big sister. Kennedy has her cup of milk and is sitting on the windowsill. I help Courtney down from her chair and hear Kennedy laughing. I turn around to find she has poured her milk down the blinds. I think she liked the patterns it made as it dripped. I send her out of the kitchen while I start to clean. Kennedy goes into the living room while Courtney heads off to their room to play.
I'm on my hands and knees with cleaner & rag when I hear Kennedy come back into the kitchen. I turned to look at her to tell her to get out of the kitchen when I notice her face looks wet. She's holding the bottle of wood cleaner and it's turned towards her face. It seems she had sprayed herself in the face. I jump up and turn on the sink. I rinse her face off as quickly as I could. She wasn't upset with the cleaner in her eyes, but she yelled her head off as I tried to clean her up. I quickly called poison control just in case. They said I had done the right thing but I may want to wash her hair. That way if any got in her hair it wouldn't drip back into her eyes.
As we head into the bathroom I think to myself I should check on Courtney. I ignored and started to get Kennedy undressed. I had the shower turned on to warm up when I felt again I needed to go check on Courtney. As I head over to her I can hear her crying. She had sat herself in the baby doll stroller and buckled herself in. She was now stuck and couldn't get out.
Needless to say she wound up in the shower with us.
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Poison control
Posted by Christina at 9:26 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment