CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Janna's African Grey Project

Janna has been assigned a project on the African Grey Parrot. She made one out of clay (see the picture) and she colored some pictures of one as well. We wanted her to get a true idea of the animals so we took her to a bird store called "A Parrot's Cove." They told her all sorts of neat things about the birds. Like you can't tell a male versus a female unless you do a DNA test. Sunflower seeds are like giving a baby a snickers bar - major junk food. She also got to hold a few birds. The African Grey Parrot loved her hair and kept trying to eat it. He also loved the sparkles on her shirt.

She also got to hold a macaw. If you listen you can hear the macaw saying "hello" He said, "I love you" but I turned off the camera too soon. Janna had a blast! The twins came but were a little more hesitant about holding the birds. I didn't want them holding them anyway so I was fine with that.



FYI: The clay bird has seeds, leaves and berries as its food.

2 comments:

Rick and Danee said...

Wow, what a fun experience for her! She is so brave holding those big birds, they scare me! ;)

Maiziedaisy said...

I can't believe how much Jana has grown! What a smart little girl.