CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Giving Tree

The weather has turned beautiful here in Houston. Spring is around the corner and the wet cold days we consider winter are behind us. We have spent as much time outside as possible to thoroughly enjoy Spring while it lasts.

With dinner and homework complete the girls and I took turns choosing animals we wanted to be. We pretended to be jelly fish, dinosaurs, horses, kittens and for some reason a tumble weed. The tumble weed was the biggest success as we rolled across the floor collapsing into one big pile at the end. The knees and kicks to the back were a small price to pay for the joy we found in simply playing together.

After baths we sat together for an hour reading books and enjoying the feeling of family. As I announced it was time for prayers and lights out Janna asked me to wait. She brings a book from her room saying there was one more for us to read. It was my favorite childrens book, Shel Silversteins The Giving Tree. I couldn't help the tears as I watched my two youngest children snuggle into my oldest child as she read to them. To hear her voice pronounce the words I had read to her so many times filled my heart. At the last page Janna's eyes met mine over her sisters head. At first she looked questioningly at my tears, then she simply smiled and finished the story. She closed the book, kissed Courtney & Kennedy and walked to me. She gave me a tight hug and told me she loved me.

Now here I sit and think of my many blessings. What I have written can't convey the emotions that are swirling in my heart. I am grateful. I am humbled. I a am mother.

0 comments: