Whenever a black belt get their name on their belt for the first time (level two 1st degree) the family is invited to come up and say a few words. David has known this for a while and has been planning what he wanted to say. Since he knew I passed my exam this past weekend he has been referring to my awards ceremony all week as my "roast." He did a great job, he got several laughs as he was funny, yet it was heartfelt enough to make me cry. David and our children were the only ones on hand to cheer me on so I thought I'd share his short and sweet speech with you all.
"I’ve always said Christina can take my breath away, now she’s trained to do it. It’s been a long time coming. I’ve never seen anyone get so excited about a little piece of colored electrical tape on her belt. Or coming home and saying check out these new bruises I got or check out all the bruises I gave someone else. This really is a journey for a whole bunch of people; it really takes a village to raise a child. I want to thank all the people who made this happen. Christina, I’m really proud of you."
1 comments:
Congratulations! I'm very proud of you and everything you've accomplished. I would have liked to have heard Dave's speech - I'm sure he got lots of laughs (I know he can always make me laugh) :)
Post a Comment