CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 28, 2013

The move

The plan was to leave first thing Thursday morning. However, on Christmas Day Kennedy started to get sick.  I was able to get her an appointment for Thursday morning.  In my haste to leave Tina's to get to the doctor I took both sets of keys.  Bill (my BIL) earned me that 45 North was a parking lot so I took a back road.  Everything went well at the doctors, we picked up medicine and headed back to Tina's to pick up the rest of the family.


It took a while to gather everything but we left in good spirits. Although on our way out the door little Courtney cried her heart out at having to leave her Aunt Tina. She was so sad she couldn't even talk. Tina did a great job of cheering her up and everyone left with big smiles on their faces.

We had final things to pack at our house. That took a while. Sydne came over to say bye but was hard leaving her. Sometimes I feel she is much mine as she is Eric's. she has spent so much time at my house with us and with the girls. She is so dear to me. 

Kristin and  mike brought Erin over for a final good bye. Kristin made awesome gifts for everyone. I'll post pictures soon. She gave them each a horse shoe with a photo of them on or with one of her horses.  We have loved bring around Ellie, Pancake and Cindy over the years. Janna has enjoyed many a lesson from Aunt Kristin on these dear animals.  So the  gift will be treasured.  

I tried really hard not to cry as Kristin left. In fact I did pretty good until I peaked out the door and saw her drive away.  My heart broke a little. It's even harder to leave this time. When we moved before I didn't have children and she was pregnant with Erin. So many changes, so many memories.

We finally got on the road around 4 only to find that I45 was still a parking lot. We made it to Ft Worth, TX and spent the night we had enough at that point.

Janna spent 45 minutes talking to. Her best friend Rachel on the phone. You gotta love technology, driving through town while she is on the phone long distance even. 

0 comments: