CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 22, 2014

State report

Janna has been learning the states and capitals. As I've helped her with this I have passed on fun things I learned as a kid. Like spelling Mississippi: M I crooked letter crooked letter I crooked letter crooked letter I hump back hump back I


When we got to Delaware I immediately thought of a scene from the early 90's movie Wayne's World. The two main characters are standing in front of a blue screen as states pop up behind them. As each state comes up they do dun promos for each place.  suddenly Delaware shows up and the characters  stand stock still, look at the camera and say, "hi, we're in Delaware." 😕. Naturally I made Janna watch this scene as I laughed like a lunatic.

When it came time for her class to choose a state for a report she was the first to raise her hand and immediately asked for Delaware. Naturally her teacher was surprised and asked why.  Janna quoted the movie in response.   Her teacher thought this was hilarious and loves the movie too. So she pulled the clip up on YouTube and showed it to the entire class.

Needless to say Janna got the state she wanted and is happily learning all about Delaware.

0 comments: