I thought I'd give a run down on how we are doing since there have been so many changes this year. School, births, health issues - you name it.
David - He's truly enjoyed his job at Crown Cork & Seal. It seems he's found his niche. He's got great co-workers and good clients. He travels with work at times and works late, but he still manages time for his family. All the girls light up when he walks in the door each night (including me!!) I couldn't ask for a better husband and father.
Near the end of the year we found out he has three bulging disks in his back. Right now he's doing therapy with a chiropractor and has an appointment to talk to a back specialists. We're waiting to see how it all works out.
Even with the birth our our twins he's managed to get in a few guys nights out this past year. It's great to be around old friends and to meet new ones. We've done a family camping trip with some neighbors and managed to have a few dates as well. We trade off baby sitting with some friends of ours in the neighborhood. Janna wanted a new bed so he got the plans from a friend and built her a new bed. She has loved it and he got to enjoy one of his favorite past times - building things.
Janna - School has been the biggest thing in her life. She has a marvelous teacher and enjoys her classmates. She is an amazing big sister and completely loves that role in her life. The girls are the first people to get hugs and kisses every day. She never tires of playing with them and will often tell me they need Janna time. She reads to all of us and its so fun to watch this growth in her learning. She began Girl Scouts as a Daisy this year. She's enjoying that and has a great leader who has them doing so many fun things. In fact our troop is headed to a wolf sanctuary this weekend. She's pretty as a little picture, even with her two missing front teeth!! She was very concerned that her friends would laugh at her without her front teeth. She is extremely active, she loves to climb and play - we call her our little monkey!! There is a sweet side to her that she's always had that has only grown stronger. She's still one of my favorite people in the world and I never tire of watching her. She loves any kinds of arts & crafts and is forever drawing pictures.
Courtney - She has been crawling for a while and is into everything. She is so independent and wants to follow wherever Janna is. If Janna isn't home she follows mommy. She climbs on everything and seems fearless. She is enjoying exploring the house. She found the game shelf and the DVDs. If we forget to to close the door she heads to the shelf and pulls down her favorite game, Lucky Duck. She knows to push the button so the ducks will start quacking. She is always up for a cuddle. Every day she grows more beautiful. Her little eyes sparkle when she smiles and I just melt when she flashes that smile at me. She has the most irresistible smile. She got her first tooth and is endlessly fascinated with it. She loves to eat and will eat anything you give her. Of course she MUST hold the spoon!!! Give her a lap to sit in and she's content. All of our girls love to be read too! I do reading time every day with all of them and the twins will sit just as long as Janna if you are reading to them. Of course they want to help hold the books (and chew on them).
If she is near her twin she always tries to hold her hand. Kennedy of course always tries to pull her hair (she can't resist it). If they are near each other they must touch each other. They will be surrounded by toys and will pass one back and forth. They sit, watch and wait for the other to loosen her grip and then take it. Then the other will do the same. They can do this forever. It's really funny to watch. It's always makes grandma laugh.
Kennedy - Just this past week Kennedy has decided to crawl a few inches. Mostly she likes to sit and cry until someone comes and gets her. While she can do many things on her own she would rather be carried around then get there herself. She got her first tooth the same day Janna lost her first one. She now has two sticking out (which she will bite you with) and is working on several others. She's learned some new tricks (see the video) and loves it when she does something funny and makes us laugh. It's her favorite reaction. She is great with her hands and is very coordinated. She loves to clap and she also likes to put her feet in her mouth. I've always said that when she smiles she seems to smile with her whole body. She just lights up when she smiles and I love to see it. She's also mischievous!!
She also gave us a little health scare. Turns out she has febrile seizures, which she will grow out of. Basically if her fever gets too high she can go into a seizure. They aren't serious, just had to witness as a parent. We have to keep her fevers in check. She also has reflux in both her kidneys. She'll be on antibiotics for the next year and will get tested at the end of the year. Again, this is something she will grow out of. It was scary when all this was first happening but it's comforting to know none of her health issues are serious and that she will grow out of them.
Christina - I'm enjoying staying home with my sweet girls. I'm the co-homeroom mom for Janna's class so we spend a lot of time at the school. In fact at Janna's Christmas party three of the children had presents for me!!! I love being called "Janna's mom." I'm still involved in my book club, I love to read every chance I get. I've met some wonderful ladies there and enjoy getting together with my neighbors. The whole family has had fun with my Mothers of Multiples group. They have things for just me, couples and tons of events for the entire family. We've all enjoyed that group. I get so much out of it and I'm forever grateful my friend Shana suggested it. We are lucky to have some great neighbors and friends close by. Not to mention family!! I love that part of being back in Texas.
My sister Tina, her husband Bill live about 10 miles from us. We see them all the time and it's been wonderful. Bill's mom Lynn moved back to Houston this past year and she has been a wonderful addition to the family as well. We are both lucky to have great in-laws. My in-laws live that close to us as well and we spend as much time with them as we can. They live in Utah about five months out of the year and we always miss them while they are gone. Last year they left when the twins were two months old and came back when they were seven months old. So many changes had happened. Of course that's the entire reason I started this blog in the first place!! I couldn't send grandma videos - now I can! My cousin Joana and her family moved back to Houston (well, Sugar Land) and it's great to be near her again.
Tina & Joana split up and took all of our girls so David and I could have a weekend get away recently. It was so nice to be alone with David and renew that relationship. We are coming up on 12 years of marriage and he is still my very best friend.
Okay, I've rambled enough. That's our life in brief. I can think of a million more things to write but I need sleep. I hope you all have a wonderful New Year. Keep me updated!!! I love to hear from you.
Monday, January 5, 2009
The Year in Review
Posted by Christina at 7:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment