We spent the morning running, me chasing the girls, growling, hiding and general laughing. As we began to wind down for morning naps I put on slower music. Both girls clamored to dance with me. So I'm holding Kennedy close, watching her face as we spin and dance. The sheer joy of the moment flashes in her eyes as she laughs from her belly. Courtney is dancing in place waiting her turn so I pick her up too. With clarity I can see the trace of blueberry that has stained Kennedy's check and the animal cracker crumb stuck to Courtney's. Kennedy puts her head on my shoulder and reaches across my chest for her sisters hand. Courtney throws her head back in complete trust and enjoyment of the moment. My heart melted and tears rolled down my cheeks as I circled with my little ones.
Will they ever know how much I dearly love them? Will they ever know how much my heart overflows at the mere thought of them? Will they understand that this moment will forever be imprinted on my heart and mind?
Will Janna know how much I enjoy sitting and talking to her every day? How much I love hearing about her adventures at school and her interactions with her friends? How I enjoy seeing her mind open and expand? How I look at her and see so many past moments yet I see her future spread out before her? How I can't imagine a world without her in it? How I treasure our cuddle time and am so thankful she will still climb in my lap and let me rock her.
Do they know my life wasn't complete until each of them entered it?
These last few months have been some of the hardest I've endured - yet the happiness I get from my husband and daughters leaves me overwhelmed and so deeply grateful. I'm truly blessed.
Friday, September 25, 2009
My girls
Posted by Christina at 11:02 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This is such a beautiful post. You are a gifted writer and have a true mother's heart. I hope you don't mind me commenting on it. It is truly so touching.
I missed seeing you at church today...I noticed David and Janna there...I hope nothing is too terribly wrong. I'm also sorry to hear you are in a season of struggle. You always put on such a brave face.
I don't think your girls could have hand picked a more perfect mommy for themselves. You are precisely what they need and who they want.
So sweet....
You made me cry with this! I have moments like that all the time and think I am the only one. It's nice to know I'm not. Thanks for sharing that. Your girls are lucky and one day they will read that and will love you just a bit more than they already did.
Post a Comment