CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 26, 2010

Happy 7th birthday my dearest Janna

This year seemed to fly by. Didn't I just write a blog about your 6th birthday? UGH, I'd tell you to stop growing up on me but that doesn't seem to work. I supposed instead I'll reminisce on your past year.

You completed Kindergarten and headed into First grade. You were so confident walking into school this new school year. You have a great new teacher who pushes you to do your best. We discovered you read on a much higher reading level so the librarian allows you to check out books way above your grade. In fact we read Jack London's "White Fang" together. I'm still amazed you wanted to read that.

You completed the Tiger Cub training in Taekwondo and joined the junior program. You are currently a level one green belt, complete with sparring gear! You weren't sure if you wanted to spar at first, but once you started you found that you were good at it and you loved it.

Since you received a guitar for Christmas you began guitar lessons about two months ago. It took a little while to find a teacher but so far it's worked out well. Mrs. Day says you have a natural talent and an ear for music. We thank Pappa for this gift as it comes so natural to him as well. He in return is pleased to finally have someone to play guitar with and is looking forward to many jam sessions.

You are still extremely loving and kind to your sisters. They absolutely adore you and follow you every chance they get. You remain patient and kind with them. It always warms my heart to see you three together.

You enjoy singing too. In fact, when we play "Rock Band" you are always our singer. Your stage name is Clara (you were watching The Nutcracker obsessively around the time we got the game).

You are funny, smart, talented, kind, and amazing. My dearest, sweet girl, I love you more than I can ever adequately express. You bring a joy to my life that lifts my heart. I am honored to be your mother.

0 comments: