Courtney has always hoarded her binkies (pacifiers). Whether she was walking around with several in her hand and one in her mouth, or she had hidden then in her mattress, it's been ongoing since she was tiny. A few months ago I decided that binkies were only for bed time. If you want a binky you have to be in bed. There is a binky bowl in their room now. When I get them out of bed they have to put the binky in the bowl. There has been mornings or times when Courtney has asked to get back in bed so she can have her binky for a while. She'll sit in there happily sucking on it for five minutes or so, then call out, "all done mommy."
For some reason this past week both girls have been whining for their binkies all day. I've ignored the requests and dealt with the whining. The funny part though: Courtney will crawl under both cribs searching for lost binkies. It's the funnies thing to walk in and find her under the crib saying, "binky, where are you?"
Thursday, March 25, 2010
My binky girl
Posted by Christina at 8:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What is it about binky's? Ever since Carson was born, Camrie has decided that she needs one just like his and so now she sucks on the inside of her lip. I wish I could have an 'inside of the lip bowl' besides her bed.
Ricky and Kayla both did that....We tried and tried with Kayla but she was 3 before we got her to cut up her binkies and say goodbye to them. Luckily when Ricky had HFMD it was too painful for his binky so he carried them around for a while before just abandoning them altogether.
Post a Comment