I loved the time with my girls today. We read a billion books and cuddled all day. When I put the twins down for their afternoon nap Janna and I curled up together on the couch. The girls were extra sweet to each other all day. Not to mention laughing and happy.
I looked up the Children’s Museum today and learned that Thursday is free family night from 5-8. Since David isn’t here I thought this would be a perfect outing for us. Once we reach downtown I figured out that at least half the population of Houston also knew it was free night at the Children’s Museum. The line wrapped around the building. We changed our minds and headed over to the Natural Science Museum instead.
As we try to walk in we are informed that the Natural Science Museum is closed after 5 pm tonight due to a private party. Instead of getting upset we walked across the street to Herman Park. We had a wonderful picnic, played in the fountains, and rolled down the hill of the amphitheater (a must for all Houstonians). We walked around the Japanese gardens, took some pictures and climbed the rocks. All in all, it turned out great. Luckily I keep a change of clothing for everyone & a towel in the car.
I thought the fun would end when we got home. It was way after bedtime yet no one was ready to quit just yet. So we played pile on mommy, with lots of laughter. The twins babbled and tried so hard to repeat everything Janna said. Then they would start laughing for no reason. I truly had a wonderful time with my sweet girls today.
This is a short video of the girls playing in the fountain.
I looked up the Children’s Museum today and learned that Thursday is free family night from 5-8. Since David isn’t here I thought this would be a perfect outing for us. Once we reach downtown I figured out that at least half the population of Houston also knew it was free night at the Children’s Museum. The line wrapped around the building. We changed our minds and headed over to the Natural Science Museum instead.
As we try to walk in we are informed that the Natural Science Museum is closed after 5 pm tonight due to a private party. Instead of getting upset we walked across the street to Herman Park. We had a wonderful picnic, played in the fountains, and rolled down the hill of the amphitheater (a must for all Houstonians). We walked around the Japanese gardens, took some pictures and climbed the rocks. All in all, it turned out great. Luckily I keep a change of clothing for everyone & a towel in the car.
I thought the fun would end when we got home. It was way after bedtime yet no one was ready to quit just yet. So we played pile on mommy, with lots of laughter. The twins babbled and tried so hard to repeat everything Janna said. Then they would start laughing for no reason. I truly had a wonderful time with my sweet girls today.
This is a short video of the girls playing in the fountain.
0 comments:
Post a Comment