I believe a person should be proud of their heritage. If you know where your people come from you should cherish that as its a gift. However, don't try to con me because of it.
I'm getting Janna's haircut yesterday and talking to the stylist. No matter what I said she would somehow turn it into a race remark, "I don't understand what you mean, we don't have a word for that in my language. I don't think that means the same thing to my people." Remarks like that. For example as we discussed holiday recipes I mentioned the word savory. She replies, "what does that mean to you? To my people it means cooked with spices." I'm like, right, the opposite of sweet, it means the same thing.
Finally I asked her so where are you from? She says she was born here in Texas as was her family for the last four generations. However her ancestors are from Africa. Then I asked what other languages she spoke - her response - NONE!!!!
Man, people annoy me!
Sunday, November 7, 2010
Heritage
Posted by Christina at 10:23 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment